Nigerian teacher narrates how fraudsters deducted her 215k from her GTA account.

A Nigerian teacher identified as Comfort Mufutau has called out Guaranty Trust Bank for an unauthorized Bank transaction that was condoned in her bank account.  

The Lady outlined how fraudsters emptied her bank account and left the sum of 2k for her.  

According to her claim, she outlined that the bank fraud that happened on 
October 5, 2021, on teachers' day when she was serving her holiday as instructed by the government.  In bitter narration, she outlined that the fraudsters deducted her net worth which range in 215, 000.  

She further narrated that her money was used to purchase recharge cards from Jumia when she contacted GTA bank.

“On October 5, 2021, I was at home for the Teacher’s Day holiday and was about to transfer N5,000 to someone using my GT Bank app when I discovered that I could not see N215,000 in the account."

“I quickly went to the Sango 2 GTB branch to lodge a complaint. I told them to print my statement of account and we found out that my money was used to purchase something from Jumia. I contacted Jumia to look into the issue and its representative, one Tomi, replied that the money was used in purchasing recharge cards."

“I asked for the number used in purchasing the recharge cards but was told that they did not have the power to release the customer’s details."

"In my GTB app, I saw that my balance remained N2,000 and I was also seeing a booked balance of N215,000 indicating that the money had been removed from my account because of an ongoing transaction."

“It was later I started receiving debit alerts for transactions I never initiated. The recharge cards were purchased at N10,000, N50,000 in four places, and N5,000, making N215,000. A banker at the GTB head office told me that the first debit of N10,000 was used to test if my money could be withdrawn."

“I later received the debit alerts on October 7 and 8 for transactions done on the 4th and 5th. I did not give anyone OTP or initiate any transaction requiring OTP. Surprisingly, I saw seven OTPs I never initiated on my phone, but I was home alone and never received any call or gave anyone OTPs, so how was the transaction completed?” she narrated.

Written: 4 weeks ago

Do you want your song on TheeNaija? Upload Your Song

Drop Your Comment (0)